Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

The small things that make me happy..


This week has been CRAZY! Came back from spring break,  passed out new textbooks, received a new student, prepared to deliver a dry run of our "Group Work That Works" presentation (sneak peak coming soon) and found a request to be observed from my principal.. Can you say STRESSED! Just when I was starting to tackle things on my "to do" list I was given a stack of 75 teacher recommendation forms for my students math placement in the 8th grade.  Through all the madness (and a couple of breakdowns) I added something little to my room to help me feel like my days run a little more smoothly. 

So Simple

I get so tired of having 25 students ask me if they can or can not use a calculator so I finally made signs to answer their question.  

I only had one student ask if they could use a calculator today and all I had to do was point to my new signs.  I even had a group grab calculators within the first few minutes of class to so they were prepared for the day! It is the little things that can put a smile on my face :)

If you were wondering where my calculators are stored.
 These handy holders were from the target dollar bins.  They were meant to hold jewelery but lucky for me they are the perfect size for my scientific calculators.

I hope you had a better week than me! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and am going to use it this year - sooo simple! I shared it on my (very new) blog today!

    www.theteacherwhohatedmath.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete